Journeys International, founded in 1978, is an ecotourism company offering adventures to more than 50 destinations. Our mission is to create and deliver extraordinary guided adventures that fulfill dreams, stretch understandings, protect the natural environment, support traditional cultures, and foster connections between people.
We are now accepting applications for outgoing, friendly, organized, confident individuals to accompany Journeys International groups on adventures around the world. Ideal candidates have significant group leadership, travel, and event management experience. Each trip is also accompanied by expert local guides, so trip leaders are not required to provide destination expertise.
- Cultivate rapport among the travel group
- Build relationships with individual group members
- Anticipate potential problems to prevent them before they interfere with group members' experience
- Advocate for traveler needs and assist travelers in solving problems
- Support individual travelers in meeting their needs to minimize negative impact on other group members' experiences
- Facilitate learning by eliciting information from guides and hosts and by encouraging reflection among travelers
- Educate yourself about your destination and itinerary in order to answer basic questions and participate in intellectial conversations from an informed perspective
- Role model and coach group members on appropriately flexible and positive mindset for international travel
- Represent Journeys International to travel group members, other travelers you may encounter, and local people in your destination
- Partner with local guides to communicate effectively with each other and the group, manage group needs, support each other in fulfilling responsibilities, and facilitate a positive experience for travelers
- Take photographs on behalf of Journeys International
Applicants may be accepted for as few as one trip, so the role may be filled by professionals with full-time jobs who are willing to take vacation time to lead groups. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list international travel experience and description of availability.